I made these the other day.
And 2 dozen were gone in a matter of hours.
We had a few extra hands around…friends from the neighborhood.
Between after school snack and dessert after dinner, these were polished off before the end of the day.
(Now you understand why I bake so much. It’s WAY cheaper than convenience snacks!)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with non-stick baking mat, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream the egg, butter and sugar. Then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients and combine until dough forms.
- Gently stir or fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop cookies onto the baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies as snack or dessert.