Our family adores Sloppy Joes…and I love mixing and matching flavors!
And these Korean-inspired Sloppy Joes are amazing – just a hint of soy and sesame in these sandwiches. I topped mine with some sliced green onions, because…YUM…and it completes the flavor combo perfectly!
(And if you want to make your own sloppy joe sauce – here is my favorite recipe. Just mix in the sesame oil and soy sauce for this version!)
Korean Sloppy Joes
Yield – 8 sloppy joe sandwiches
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz. can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Garnish: sliced green onions and/or sesame seeds
- Side: fruit
- Side: chips
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to the stove. Stir in the sloppy joe sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce and warm over medium low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, to allow flavors to mingle.
- Add the sloppy joe meat to the buns and top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Prepare fruit.
- Serve Korean Sloppy Joes with fruit and chips.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #85.