I adore this honey sesame chicken. It’s a simple, homemade sauce that simmers, as the chicken sears and caramelizes the flavors and sauce right onto the meat. The onion juices seep into the honey sesame sauce as it all cooks together in a skillet or wok.
Serve it over some Sticky Rice and you’ve got the PERFECT make-at-home Chinese takeout dinner!
Honey Sesame Chicken
Skip the pricey take-out and make this delightful homemade sesame chicken!
Servings - 4 servings
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: green onions and/or sesame seeds
- Side: rice
- Side: veggies
- Cook rice, as directed.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and minced garlic. Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.*
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Dice the white onion.
- Heat the canola oil over high heat in large skillet or wok. Add the chicken pieces, diced onion, and marinade and saute over high heat for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Serve Honey Sesame Chicken over rice with veggies.
[…] modified this dish from this recipe for honey sesame chicken and this one for sesame chicken, both found on […]