I was quite surprised at how few recipes I came across for radishes in my search, but in the end I settled on a recipe in last month’s Real Simple Magazine: Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables.
I also love my recipe for Radish & Cucumber Bites!
I made a few adaptations and substitutions…and in the end, I was quite impressed with how this turned out. It left my tongue and palate wanting more!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large split breast chicken, skin removed
- salt and pepper
- 8 radishes washed, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 carrots sticks peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2 squares
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into 1/2 squares
- brown rice side dish
- veggies side dish
- Place the oil into a saucepan. Add the split breast chicken and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Pour off any fat and oil and then return pan to the stovetop. Pour in the chicken breast and the prepared vegetables.
- Place the partially cooked chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on high until stock begins to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare brown rice and veggies for side dish.
- Serve Braised Chicken with Radishes, Carrots and Peppers with Brown Rice and Veggies.