I was quite surprised at how few recipes I came across for radishes in my search, but in the end I settled on a recipe in last month’s Real Simple Magazine: Braised Chicken with Spring Vegetables.
I also love my recipe for Radish & Cucumber Bites!
I made a few adaptations and substitutions…and in the end, I was quite impressed with how this turned out.Â It left my tongue and palate wanting more!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 2 large split breast chicken, skin removed ($2.12)
- Salt and pepper
- About 8 radishes, washed, snipped and halved ($1)
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock
- 2 carrots sticks, peeled and cut into sticks ($.20)
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into 1/2 squares ($.40)
- 1/2 orange pepper, cut into 1/2 squares ($.40)
- Serve with 1 cup brown rice ($0.40) and 1 package frozen spinach ($0.50)
- Place the oil into a saucepan. Add the split breast chicken and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6 to 7 minutes on each side.