So that has GOT TO BE the fanciest recipe title I’ve come up with yet!
Because I used so much from the garden for this meal, I was able to be a little more creative and made up a delicious rosemary-garlic aioli sauce for these paninis!
These were “UH-MAZING,” according to the Hubs!
So if you’ve got an eggplant in the garden, or come across a great deal on eggplants…I highly recommend these paninis!!!!
Grilled Eggplant Panini with Rosemary-Garlic Aioli
- 1 eggplant (from the garden)
- Dashes of salt
- 1 loaf pugliese bread, sliced ($2.50) I would have used ciabatta, but the loaf at my store had milk, so I opted for the dairy free option!
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato (from the garden)
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced ($.64) a little less than a lb...on sale this week $.77/lb!
- 1/4 cup mayo ($.20)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice ($.05)
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.05)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.05)
- Palm full of fresh rosemary (from the garden)
- 4 slices of swiss cheese ($.75)
- Handful basil leaves (from the garden)
- 2-3 tsp olive oil, for sauteing ($.10)
- 2-3 tsp olive oil, for brushing bread before grilling ($.10)
- 4 corn cobs ($.76) On an unadvertised sale for $.19 an ear!
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 or smaller slices.