So that has GOT TO BE the fanciest recipe title I’ve come up with yet!
Because I used so much from the garden for this meal, I was able to be a little more creative and made up a delicious rosemary-garlic aioli sauce for these paninis!
These were “UH-MAZING,” according to the Hubs!
So if you’ve got an eggplant in the garden, or come across a great deal on eggplants…I highly recommend these paninis!!!!
- 1 large eggplant
- dashes of salt
- 1 loaf pugliese or ciabatta bread
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil for aioli
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp rosemary crushed
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Handful basil leaves
- 3-4 tsp olive oil for sauteing and brushing bread
- 4 corn cobs side dish
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 or smaller slices. Sprinkle with salt and let bitter juices draw out for about 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Heat the grill to 400. Brush the sliced eggplant and zucchini with olive oil and grill on both sides for about 1 minute each.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, crushed garlic, rosemary and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Assemble panini sandwiches by spreading aioli onto the insides of the bread, then adding the grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini, a slice of cheese. Brush the outsides of the bread with olive oil.
- Grill the paninis for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cheese has melted.