I’m loving the grill this summer. Last summer I didn’t do much of the grilling…I left that up to Steve. But this summer, the grill has taken on a whole role in my cooking.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, diced and coated in BBQ sauce ($1.66)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce ($.25)
- 8 tortillas ($1)
- 1-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese ($.75-$3) I used 1 cup for Steve’s full size quesadilla.
- (Some hummus for the dairy-free family members…$.50)
- Couple cilantro leaves, chopped (from the garden)
- 4 corn cobs ($.80)
- Dice the chicken and coat it with the BBQ sauce. Grill the chicken pieces. (Be sure that you dice them into pieces that are large enough to not fall through the grill.)
- Once the chicken has cooked through, add the chicken, cheese, cilantro to the tortillas. I did mine as “full”…you could certainly fold them in half and grill each side…and then cut if you prefer. After all, there are 913 ways you can make a quesadilla. Well, at least a dozen anyways!
- For the dairy free folks…use hummus as your “glue” in a quesadilla!
- Grill the quesadillas a few minutes on each side, until the cheese is nice and ooey, gooey!
- Cook the corn.
- Serve Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with Corn.