Holiday Feast Side Dish Alert…
I love sweet potato casserole…I really do. Especially when there is a crunchy, nutty topping or layer in the dish. But what I don’t always love is the prep-work. If you’re hosting the holiday feast, it’s a flurry of madness getting everything ready and sometimes you just want simple and easy.
Is simple and easy.
Slice the sweet potatoes. Roast them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Glaze them. Polish off every last bite.
No peeling, no cutting into tiny pieces. Just 4-5 slices per sweet potato and boom…
This is what you’re left with…perfectly tender and delightfully flavored sweet potatoes!
Glazed Sweet Potato Rounds
Yield – 8 side dish servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Dashes of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/4″ to 1/3″ slices. Lay flat on the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until completely softened.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, mix together the melted butter and maple syrup in a small bowl. With about 5 minutes left in the roasting time, brush the glaze over the sweet potatoes and sprinkle a few dashes of cinnamon over the top. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes of roasting.
- Serve Glazed Sweet Potato Rounds, as holiday side dish or winter snack!