I adore a good salad and in the past have enjoyed chopped, boiled eggs on a Caesar salad, and decided to spin off of that idea! Using a well-fried egg on top of a Caesar salad. So simple, but different.
The fried egg with the salt and pepper…on top of a pepper-y salad with a salty dressing…a great complement. (But don’t fret…it wasn’t “too salty”…I thought it was perfect!)
I love that I can have this for lunch and get a good protein with my salad. And I love that this could be served with your favorite grilled meat for a great dinner meal.
Hope you enjoy it!
- 4 eggs, fried
- 1 bag Romaine hearts lettuce
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing, or store bought
- Parmesan Cheese shreds
- Croutons (optional)
- Fry 4 eggs in a large skillet. Season each one with a little salt and pepper.
- While eggs are frying, toss together the lettuce, dressing and Parmesan cheese shreds.
- Plate the salad and add a fried egg to each portion.
- Serve Fried Egg Caesar Salad as lunch, or side dish for dinner.