Fiesta Sloppy Joes are the messy sandwiches we all love, with a fun pop of color! (and veggies!!)
Get a lovely flavor balance and little extra pop of sweet from the red bell peppers. I’m naming these “Fiesta” Sloppy Joes because they are bright and colorful, both in looks and flavor.
The red, green, and yellow remind me of the “Fiesta” season that we celebrate here in San Antonio every April.
A slice of pepperjack cheese would be lovely on this sandwich too!
How to Cook Fiesta Sloppy Joes
Chop the red, green, and yellow bell peppers.
(Throw in some orange bell peppers for even more bell pepper flavor variety!)
Brown the ground beef with the chopped bell peppers.
If you’re using a fattier ground beef, drain off any fat and return to the skillet.
Stir in the sloppy joe sauce.
Use my Homemade Sloppy Joe Sauce and add an extra dash of cumin. That will play nicely with the bell peppers! 🙂
Serve onto buns and serve with fruit, veggies, salad, chips, tater tots…whatever you like!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 can sloppy joe sauce* see note below
- 6 hamburger buns
- Fruit, veggies, salad, chips, or tater tots suggested sides
- Seed and chop the bell peppers into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the chopped bell peppers. If needed, drain off excess fat and liquid and return to the skillet.
- Stir in the sloppy joe sauce. (*Homemade sloppy joe sauce link in the notes below.)
- Let simmer for a few minutes to allow flavors to mingle. Then spoon onto buns and add side dishes to plate.
- If desired, add slice of pepperjack or cheddar cheese after adding sloppy joe sauce. Let heat melt the cheese.
- Serve Fiesta Sloppy Joes with favorite sides.