These Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are the best way to eat your veggies… but also have a treat!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are the breakfast you need in your life right now!
Double chocolate. Double delicious.
Does it get any better when you get chocolate and some veggies in the form of a cute little fluffy muffin?!
They are kid-friendly too, because no one will even know they have something GREEN in them! 🙂
Better yet, tell them there’s a super secret ingredient and see if they can guess what it is.
Bonus points if you get their reaction caught on camera when you tell them it’s zucchini!
Chocolate muffins for breakfast?! YES PLEASE!
They work for lunch, snacks, and dessert too.
Let’s make some chocolate-y goodness, shall we?
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. Blend oats into a fine flour.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Blend wet ingredients together. Yes, zucchini counts as a wet ingredient! Look at that green goodness there!
5. Transfer all the ingredients back into the bowl. Because chocolate chips are special, and need to be mixed in by hand.
6. Fill muffin pan with zucchini-chocolately-goodness and bake to perfection. (Or at least until they are done and your mouth stops watering.)
- Ninja Blender
- Muffin Tins
- Silicone baking cups
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats or quick cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt vanilla or plain
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare two 12-cup muffin tins and set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of oats to your blender and blend until it’s ground into a fine flour. Remove from blender and put into a medium mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl, add in dry ingredients (oat flour, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients to your blender (zucchini, yogurt, sugar, banana, and honey) and blend until smooth.
- Then add in vanilla, sugar and eggs and blend on low speed until well combined
- Take your dry ingredients from the mixing bowl and blend until combined.
- Once all ingredients are fully mixed transfer them back to your mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into baking cups and fill about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #222.