My five kiddos love all types of fresh fruit and that makes me very happy, but sometimes we get a little bored and want to spice it up a little.
This method of “baking” apples in the microwave is super fast and easy, it only takes a few ingredients and you can make as much or as little as you like.
We also have a favorite restaurant that serves “fried apples” and when the kids decide it’s time to go eat out but momma isn’t ready I can usually appease them by making them these apples at home – win, win!
- 2 apple cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp water
- plastic zip style bag
- Peel and core an apple then cut into slices.
- Mix all other ingredients in a sandwich size plastic zip style bag.
- Add apple slices to bag and shake to mix well.
- Close the bag almost all the way, leaving a small space unzipped to vent.
- Microwave on high for two minutes then serve.
- Caution - the bag and contents will be very hot so handle carefully.