A delicious fall after school snack!
These make a great snack or treat!
Servings - 18 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium Jonathon or Macintosh apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 12 muffin tin wells and 12 mini muffin wells, or 18 regular size muffin tin wells.
- In stand mixer or large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, applesauce, oil and milk.
- In small mixing bowl, combine white flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the wet ingredients in the mixer/mixing bowl and combine until batter forms.
- In another small bowl, stir together cranberries, finely chopped apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. Fold the cranberries and apples into the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven, using these time frames: Regular sized muffins for 16-18 minutes. Or mini muffins for 13-15 minutes.
- **Note: If you don’t use all the wells in your muffin tin, just fill them with water so they don’t brown. Plus the water creates a nice steamy environment in the oven!