Now you’ll never make homemade banana bread without this glaze!
It’s time to level up your favorite banana bread recipe with a caramel glaze.
You’ll never make it without the glaze again!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Read the directions carefully – this is baked in a rectangular dish, not a loaf pan. 🙂
Caramel Glazed Banana Bread
Yield – 9 pieces
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with fork
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 2 – 8×8 or 9×9-inch baking dishes with non-stick cooking spray. **You can use 2 – 9×5-inch loaf pans, but you’ll need to cut the glaze in half. Also, cut glaze in half if making as muffins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients in the order listed and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and form the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish of choice.
- Loaf pan: Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes.
- 9×9-in baking dish: Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Muffin tin: Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes.
- With about 10 minutes left in the baking time, make the glaze as follows.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat and then stir in the heavy cream, white and brown sugars, and then the vanilla. Stir until the sugar dissolves and then let simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat immediately…do not over cook or it will not “glaze” properly.
- Once the bread is finished baking, remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack.
- Pour the glaze immediately onto the cooked bread and spread evenly. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy this delicious Caramel Glazed Banana Bread for breakfast or snack!
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #187.