Breakfast for dinner is always a frugal option. And one that I tend to forget about!
Sorry. No photo again! Camera battery is recharging 🙂
- 10-12 eggs ($1.25)
- 4-5 small potatoes, peeled and diced ($.50)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese ($.38) Omit if GFCFSF
- 1 cup salsa ($.50)
- 8 corn or flour tortillas ($.69) Corn if GFCFSF
- Canteloupe or pears or apples ($.75)
- Banana Smoothie ($.50)
- In large skillet, add olive oil and let warm for 1 minute. Add peeled and diced potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. (Add a little water to help them cook faster!) Season with other favorite seasonings if you like!
- In bowl, whisk together eggs. Add a few dashes of salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes after they have been cooking for 6-8 minutes. Cook eggs with potatoes and scramble them as they cook.
- Warm tortillas in oven wrapped in foil or tortilla warmer (so they don't get crispy!).
- Cut canteloupe or pears or apples.
- Make banana smoothie.
- Serve potato/eggs with cheese and salsa in a warm tortilla with side of fruit and a banana smoothie!