Breakfast Tacos are a quick and easy meal that can be made for any time of day!
Breakfast for dinner is always a frugal option. And one that I tend to forget about!
These are a family favorite!
Servings - 4 servings
- 10-12 eggs
- 4-5 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese Omit if GFCFSF
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 corn or flour tortillas Corn if GFCFSF
- Cantaloupe or pears or apples
- Banana Smoothie
- In large skillet, add olive oil and let warm for 1 minute. Add peeled and diced potatoes with salt and pepper to taste. Saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. (Add a little water to help them cook faster!) Season with other favorite seasonings if you like!
- In bowl, whisk together eggs. Add a few dashes of salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes after they have been cooking for 6-8 minutes. Cook eggs with potatoes and scramble them as they cook.
- Warm tortillas in oven wrapped in foil or tortilla warmer (so they don't get crispy!).
- Cut cantaloupe or pears or apples.
- Make banana smoothie.
- Serve potato/eggs with cheese and salsa in a warm tortilla with side of fruit and a banana smoothie!
I have been making this breakfast taco for awhile now and it is so so yummy!!
I was thinking earlier this evening of making these. Now I’ll have to check to see if I have everything or put it on the list for next week.
Time to face the music armed with this great ifnraomtion.
My husband makes cutting costs hard because he won’t eat eggs. There are so many good and cheap egg recipes! Darn him, though i do just make some and have him eat something else sometimes:)
I love Breakfast for supper and so does my family! I haven’t tried potatoes with my eggs. I’ll have to try that. Breakfast tacos are one of those things that my daughter likes to make us all for breakfast, so maybe she would enjoy doing that for her supper night soon. BTW, I am hosting a giveaway this week to celebrate my 1st blog birthday. Come by and enter!
I’ve been known to serve breakfast for dinner before and to make a potato omelette, but I had never thought to serve it with fruit, what a wonderful fresh idea. I’m excited to try it, thank you!
We love doing breakfast for last minute dinners 🙂
Sarah Eliza says
Oooh I love breakfast tacos! I’ll definitely be trying this one — thanks!
We like making these for a quick and inexpensive gluten-free meal. We usually add whatever veggies we have on hand.
That’s exactly what I made for dinner tonight.
Quick, cheap, easy, and nutritious.
These sound great!
This is going to be dinner tonight! I have some leftover tortillas I needed to use up, and I bought a10lb bag of potatoes on sale. Thanks!
sounds yummy! I will have to try these. thanks!
do these freeze well?
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
Yes! I try to make extras and freeze for Hubs when he needs a quick breakfast to take on the road!
I love this idea. I saw it at either good cheap eats or life as mom. They said that you were one of their favs. Me too, so glad I found all these helpful sites. I love to cook! i have begun my freezer stockpile this week. i plan on freezer cooking on Sat. This is something I can make for the hubby.