Move on over avocado toast – there’s a new kid at the breakfast table. Add a little guacamole as a garnish to these and you have a south of the border type of avocado toast!
If you’re cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast, you might as well just go ahead and make these “breakfast nachos.”
All you need is some tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and toppings (salsa, sour cream, guacamole).
All 5 ingredients are pretty much staples at my house and this past summer, we got really into these breakfast nachos.
They can absolutely be made for lunch, dinner, or as a hearty afternoon snack.
However and whenever you prepare these breakfast tacos, I know you will love them!
These breakfast nachos are layered like this:
- Tortilla chips
- Scrambled eggs
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
You might need to pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to melt the cheese. The scrambled eggs won’t hold enough heat to melt the cheese after you assemble them.
- 8 large eggs scrambled
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 small bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red salsa garnish
- Scramble the eggs. Cook the bacon and crumble it.
- Spread the tortilla chips onto serving plates, then sprinkle with a few pinches of shredded cheese, covering the chips. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt.
- Top the chips and cheese with scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and a few spoonfuls of salsa.
- Enjoy Breakfast Nachos for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!