I don’t know what it is about beans these days, but I’m just cravin’ ’em y’all!
I LOVED eating bean and cheese tacos from Taco Cabana back in my high school days.
Because I love them so much, I decided to do a little experiment and make my own bean and cheese tacos…a healthier version!
- 10 flour tortillas
- 15 oz. can refried pinto or black beans
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cantaloupe sliced, side dish
- 2 apples diced, side dish
- Lay tortillas flat and spread about 1/4 cup of refried beans down the midline of the tortilla. Sprinkle with handful of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Roll up and place next to each other on dinner plate. Microwave 2-3 minutes, depending on the number of tacos. Microwave longer if necessary, until all the cheese has melted.
- Cut cantaloupe in half and then cut of slices or wedges. Peel and dice apples.
- Serve Bean and Cheese Tacos with Cantaloupe and Apples.