First, please pardon the iPhone photo. I couldn’t figure out what happened to my memory card for my camera, but it has since been found and we can go back to the regularly scheduled photos!
As promised, the “other BBQ meatballs” meal I mentioned last week. (If you missed them, here are the BBQ Meatball Kebabs. And we also loved the BBQ Meatball Sliders too!)
This recipe is for all of you “meat and potatoes” people. Meatballs, doused in BBQ sauce, then baked. Potatoes, mashed to your liking. Put it all together on a plate for ultimate the ultimate meat-n-taters dinner. I promise you’ll love it!
BBQ Meatballs on Mashed Potatoes
- 12 BBQ meatballs
- 6-8 medium size potatoes
- Butter or margarine, milk or sour cream
- Seasonings, salt and pepper
- Fresh or frozen veggies as side dish, we had this with broccoli
- Bake the meatballs until cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on size of the meatballs.
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Mash in a bowl and stir in the butter and milk or sour cream, salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like in your mashed potatoes.
- Prepare veggie or other side dish.
- Serve BBQ Meatballs over mashed potatoes with a side of veggies.
This recipe is featured in the 21 Gluten Free Freezer Cooking Recipes from Costco Meal Plan #5.
Hope :) says
This looks great! As a vegetarian, I can very easily substitute “meat”-balls and get the same result. With college-football season bearing down on us in all its glory, this will be a perfect addition to the buffet table! 🙂 Thanks so much.
Making this as I type. It smells amazing 🙂 BBQ sauce on mashed potatoes is one of my all-time favorite things to eat! So excited for dinner tonight 🙂 Thanks for the great idea!