Well, these babies didn’t last long in the freezer. I made up 2 batches of BBQ meatballs over the weekend, in an attempt to prepare myself for the back to school frenzy…and here is the first of 2 new recipes using BBQ meatballs. (I hope to share the other next week…if I get it made in the next few days!)
Zucchini is uber cheap these days, and we had some extra canned pineapple from yesterday’s school lunches that I added to the skewers too. Because I had the meatballs already made, this meal worked out perfectly “timing wise,” as I started the grill and then skewered everything up and by the time I was finished, the grill was hot and ready to welcome the kebabs!
AND…I love that this is a “one-dish grill dinner” too! Hope y’all enjoy these kebabs!
BBQ Meatball Kebabs
- 12 BBQ meatballs
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 can pineapple chunks
- Grilled Garlic Bread
- Turn on the grill and let warm up.
- Skewer the meatballs, zucchini slices, red onion chunks and pineapple chunks. Place on the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes, then carefully turn them to cook the other side of the meatballs. Grill until meatballs have cooked through.
- Grill the garlic bread over indirect heat, alongside the kebabs.
- Serve BBQ Meatball Kebabs with grilled garlic bread.
are the meatballs fully cooked before going on the grill, or are they raw? thanks!
Janet Griffin says
Do you have the recipe for the meatballs, also do you cook them first??