Well, these babies didn’t last long in the freezer. I made up 2 batches of BBQ meatballs over the weekend, in an attempt to prepare myself for the back to school frenzy…and here is the first of 2 new recipes using BBQ meatballs. (I hope to share the other next week…if I get it made in the next few days!)
Zucchini is uber cheap these days, and we had some extra canned pineapple from yesterday’s school lunches that I added to the skewers too. Because I had the meatballs already made, this meal worked out perfectly “timing wise,” as I started the grill and then skewered everything up and by the time I was finished, the grill was hot and ready to welcome the kebabs!
AND…I love that this is a “one-dish grill dinner” too! Hope y’all enjoy these kebabs!
- 12 BBQ meatballs
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 can pineapple chunks
- Grilled Garlic Bread
- Turn on the grill and let warm up.
- Skewer the meatballs, zucchini slices, red onion chunks and pineapple chunks. Place on the grill and grill for 5-7 minutes, then carefully turn them to cook the other side of the meatballs. Grill until meatballs have cooked through.
- Grill the garlic bread over indirect heat, alongside the kebabs.
- Serve BBQ Meatball Kebabs with grilled garlic bread.