Put a new spin on your yogurt, granola and fruit breakfasts…this also makes for a fantastic, filling and uber healthy after school snack. (Ask me how I know!)
I saw this on Pinterest and knew it would be an instant hit with this crowd. For my dairy-free little people, I dropped a small scoop of coconut milk ice cream instead of Greek yogurt…so their’s was more of a ‘Banana Snack Split.’ Whether for breakfast with yogurt, or with ice cream for a snack, you can’t go wrong with this Banana Breakfast Split!
I sure wish I could have this delivered to you right now 😉
(P.S. I’m already seeing great prices on blueberries and blackberries in my stores. This will be perfect later in the spring, early summer when berry prices are at their lowest!)
- 4 bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 4 spoonfuls of Greek vanilla yogurt, or preferred flavor
- Fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and/or blackberries, about 2 cups total
- 1/2 cup granola (try my nut-free and no-added sugar homemade granola recipe)
- Place the bananas in a long bowl or plate. Spoon the yogurt over the top.
- Sprinkle the berries and granola onto the bananas and yogurt.
- Serve Banana Breakfast Split, as breakfast or afternoon snack.