Here’s another one that I’d call another mess of delicious! (In case you missed the Tex Mex Tater Tot Bake from earlier this week, here it is!)
This pile of cheeseburger tortellini with bacon on top is going to knock your socks off!
There’s a hint of vinegar and mustard in the tomato sauce, to give it a touch of ketchup flavor…but it’s not the full ketchup flavor…just enough to balance the burger and the cheese and the bacon flavor combo. And seriously, pasta and cheese. That alone will knock your socks off, but mix in all these other lovely flavors and you’ve got your new family favorite weeknight supper ready to go. It’s a fast “skillet supper,” and if you don’t have a large enough skillet, just use a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven instead.
And if for some crazy reason you want to skip the bacon (?!?!?!), then here’s the baconless version – Cheeseburger Tortellini Skillet!
Whichever you pick, I hope you enjoy 🙂
Bacon Cheeseburger Tortellini
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 20 oz. fresh or frozen tortellini
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 crumbled strips bacon
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Side: veggies
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain and return to the skillet.
- If needed, cook the bacon and crumble.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, red wine vinegar, yellow mustard, tortellini, beef stock, salt and pepper. Bring to bubbling, cover and cook about 10 minutes, or until tortellini is cooked.
- Then stir in the cream and sprinkle the cheeses and crumbed bacon over the top. Cook over low heat another few minutes, until cheeses have melted.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Bacon Cheeseburger Tortellini Skillet with veggies.