This is a mess of delicious, right here y’all!!!
It’s packed with amazing flavors and could be a one-dish dinner…but we had it with some green beans!
It’s like a tater tot shepherd’s pie. (If that can be a thing.)
The ground beefy combo is on the bottom, then the tater tots over the ground beef. Then cheese (gets added at end of cooking!)
The end result is a mess of delicious. I was quite surprised at how well the tater tots played with the Tex Mex flavors and beef.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Tex Mex Tater Tot Bake
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 15 oz. can corn
- 1 cup red salsa
- 28 oz. frozen tater tots
- 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Side: salad or veggies
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Open, drain and rinse the black beans. Open and drain the corn.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Once browned, drain and then mix in the black beans, corn, red salsa and half of the shredded cheese. Spoon the ground beef mixture into the base of baking dish.
- Add the tater tots over top of the beef mixture in the tray and then pour the enchilada sauce over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, and then add the remaining shredded cheese on the top and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Tex Mex Tater Tot Bake with side salad or veggies.