I know how busy and intense the transition from lazy summer days at the pool to adjusting back to the 6:30 am wake up calls can be…so I thought I’d help out by sharing a different lunchbox idea each day this month.
What’s In Today′s Lunchbox?!
- Spaghetti (try my recipes for Spinach Spaghetti or Homemade Chunky Spaghetti Sauce)
- Spinach & Dressing with Feta Cheese
- Horizon Organic Strawberry Milk
Disclaimer: These ideas are just a small part of the total food eaten throughout the day. Some have smaller amounts of protein and/or green veggies than others, but you can balance that out with serving more protein or green veggies at other meals/snacks. Feel free to adjust these ideas to fit your family’s needs.
For hot foods, I send them to school in food thermos containers pictured above (also comes in blue) to stay warm until lunch!
Erin’s Favorite Lunchbox Packing Tools
When it comes to packing lunch boxes for the 3 older dudes, I need sturdy that will last ALL year and into the next! Which is why I recommend the following…
- Lunchbox Love Notes for your kids
- Easy Lunchboxes System & Easy Lunchboxes, Little Dippers
- Thermos 2 pack, 10 oz. containers
- Rubbermaid Blox
- Laptop Lunches Bento-ware Bento Lunch Box
- Bentgo All-in-One Stackable Lunch/Bento Box
- Lunch boxes – LLBean & Lands End
Free Lunchbox Printables
- Complete School Lunchbox Ideas List (perfect for your fridge!)
- Weekly Lunchbox Planner (perfect for your household binder and/or fridge!).
Pin all of the Lunchbox ideas to share and save for later!
Happy lunch packing y’all!!!
Karen T says
Thanks for all the great ideas! We love Easy Luchboxes in our house and use them everyday! I do have an issue with the “will last ALL year and into the next” comment on them though. All 8 from last September are cracked along the bottom of the big compartment and 4 covers are chipped, and I handwash. She does not expect them to last more than one school season, according to my communications with her. And I have NO problem with that, for the price replacing them every year works.Perfect size, perfect portions for us, but I just think stating getting more than a year out of them is over selling what they are for the price.
Wow, I wonder if you got a bad batch. We’ve had ours for over three years now! Only a few of the tops have lost their tabs, from chipping off when dropped on our hard tile floor. None of the 8 containers have had any problems at all. I put them in the dishwasher and they are very well used.