Looking for a new quick bread! I normally make banana bread because I already have “brown” bananas and don’t ever remember to get zucchini. BUT, since zucchini is super cheap right now (and my farmer’s market has a new “half priced” section for the produce that is ripe or overripe!!!) I decided to take advantage and make a little zucchini mix for the freezer! I used 4 zucchinis (total cost $2.25) and got 6 “bread” size portions…frozen into individual bags and then into freezer bags!
Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Yield – 2 loaves
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 50 to 60 minutes
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- 1 cup nuts (I omitted this!)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can crushed pineapple (I ran mine through the mini food processor)
- Preheat oven 325.
- Spray 2 loaf pans.
- Mix ingredients well in bowl and scrape every last bit of dough into the pans!
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until knife comes out clean.
- Cool loaves on cooling rack and ENJOY!