Looking for a new quick bread! I normally make banana bread because I already have “brown” bananas and don’t ever remember to get zucchini. BUT, since zucchini is super cheap right now (and my farmer’s market has a new “half priced” section for the produce that is ripe or overripe!!!) I decided to take advantage and make a little zucchini mix for the freezer! I used 4 zucchinis (total cost $2.25) and got 6 “bread” size portions…frozen into individual bags and then into freezer bags!
Zucchini Pineapple Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven 325 F. Lightly grease 2 - 9x5 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the crushed pineapple well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, then stir in the wet ingredients until batter forms. Divide evenly and pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated for 50 to 60 minutes, until knife comes out clean in the center of the loaf.
- Cool loaves on cooling rack.
- Cool completely before freezing. I recommend slicing before freezing as well.