So I’m just not that into plain burgers these days.
After buying up all sorts of spices and making myself several cups of homemade taco seasoning, I figured the least I could do was use some to make taco burgers! This is not an exact recipe…so I shall give you how much you should use per pound of meat.
And don’t forget…You can still enter my Weber One Touch Charcoal Grill Giveaway! If you’d like an additional entry for today, head on over there and leave a comment with your favorite way to eat a burger!!!
Here’s one of my new favorite burgers…
Grilled Taco Burgers
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef or chuck ($1.79)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning ($.10)
- 1/2 onion, grated ($.15)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed ($.10)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup salsa ($.25)
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese ($.75) I omitted to keep the meal dairy-free.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl, then shape into 4 patties.
- Grill until cooked as you like them.
- As they are finishing up their grilling time, add a spoonful or two of salsa and top with the cheese.
- Move the burgers to a spot on the grill that is not directly over the fire and let cook until cheese melts over the salsa and the burger.
- Serve on a bun (or bread) with some yummy side dishes!