So I’m just not that into plain burgers these days.
After buying up all sorts of spices and making myself several cups of homemade taco seasoning, I figured the least I could do was use some to make taco burgers! This is not an exact recipe…so I shall give you how much you should use per pound of meat.
Here’s one of my new favorite burgers…
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 small white onion grated
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 burger buns
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl, then shape into 4 patties.
- Grill until cooked as you like them.
- As they are finishing up their grilling time, add a spoonful or two of salsa and top with the cheese.
- Move the burgers to a spot on the grill that is not directly over the fire and let cook until cheese melts over the salsa and the burger.
- Serve on a bun (or bread) with some yummy side dishes!