A simple twist on a family favorite!
Sloppy Joes are a popular dinner at our house, and I know in many other homes too. They are fast to prepare, easy to cook and in general are well loved by kids and adults.
Next time you make them, serve the sloppy-meat on flaky, butter biscuits instead of hamburger buns.
Another reason that I love this meal is that it’s freezer friendly and one that I call a “meal starter.” It’s the start to a meal…and in this case, you just reheat the meat and sauce, and bake the biscuits while the meat sauce is simmering. From freezer to table, it’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
- Freeze meat and sauce.
- Quick thaw in water.
- Reheat in skillet & bake biscuits at same time.
Just 20 minutes!
If you prefer a homemade version of sloppy joe sauce, check out this great option – Homemade Sloppy Joe Sauce.
Sloppy Joe Biscuits
Yield – 4 servings (2 biscuits each)
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 15 oz. can sloppy joe sauce
- 8 count refrigerated biscuits
- Salad or fresh veggies, as side dish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place biscuits onto greased baking sheet and bake as directed.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain, if needed.
- Stir in the sloppy joe sauce and simmer until biscuits are done.
- Break biscuits in half and spoon the sloppy joe sauce onto them.
- Prepare salad or veggies.
- Serve Sloppy Joe Biscuits with favorite salad or veggies.