I saw this recipe in a Kroger coupon mailer, of all places. And I had to try it.
I *heart* potato salad. And I *heart* sweet potatoes.
And I now can say that I *double heart* roasted sweet potato salad.
Here’s how you make it…
A sweet and delectable side dish for an upcoming meal!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Adapted from:Kroger Coupon Mailer Recipe
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 6 medium-large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced ($1.59) Sale prices coming up next week!
- About 2-3 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
- 1 tsp cinnamon ($.05)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ($.05)
- 1/2 tsp allspice ($.05)
- 2 Tbsp honey ($.20)
- 2 Tbsp brown or spicy mustard ($.10)
- 3-4 Tbsp mayo or miracle whip ($.10)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves ($.05)
- Place the peeled and diced sweet potatoes in a colander and rinse them with water.
- Dump them into a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. Place them in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast at 400 F for 25-35 minutes, or until all are soft. Roasting time may vary depending on thickness of the sweet potato pieces. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, and mayo. Stir in the basil leaves. Pour the dressing over top of the sweet potatoes.
- Serve warm, or chill for at least 2 hours and serve chilled.