This recipe is part of the latest 21 Gluten Free Meals from Costco Plan.
Chicken + Potatoes + Cheese + Bacon…it’s the perfect ‘quad-fecta’…because trifecta doesn’t work here. Top with some green onions and/or sour cream and you’re in baked potato heaven. Except these are baked potatoes.
This is yet another really simple ‘load and roast’ dish that comes together easily, and makes for a great filling weeknight dinner…as long as you get it in the oven in time to cook for an hour.
It looks like this…
Add the chicken pieces, potatoes and spices together in the baking dish.
Toss with the seasonings.
Roast about 45 minutes.
Cook the bacon, separately.
Add the cheese over top and cook a few more minutes.
Then top with the bacon. And other favorite toppings like green onions, chives, sour cream, etc.
(Note: The recipe is written for 2 pans, as I made this for a crowd…so either half it all, or enjoy them as leftovers!)
(Note #2: Yes, I’m lazy and didn’t peel my potatoes. Peeling is optional!)
Related: Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
Ranch Chicken & Potatoes Casserole
Yield – 8 servings
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- about 6 lbs potatoes, 3 lbs in each, quartered
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dill
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder or minced onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, depending on how cheesy you want them
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Optional toppings – green onions, chives, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease 2 9×13 inch glass baking dishes with non-stick cooking spray.
- To the baking dishes, toss together the quartered potatoes and chicken bits with the parsley, basil, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon slices, let them cool slightly and then run a knife or pizza wheel through them to crumble them.
- Add the cheese to the roasted chicken and potatoes and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Once cooked, top with the crumbled bacon and other optional toppings.