Chicken + Potatoes + Cheese + Bacon…it’s the perfect ‘quad-fecta’…because trifecta doesn’t work here. Top with some green onions and/or sour cream and you’re in potato heaven. Except these are baked potatoes.
This is yet another really simple ‘load and roast’ dish that comes together easily, and makes for a great filling weeknight dinner…as long as you get it in the oven in time to cook for an hour. 🙂
It looks like this…
Add the chicken pieces, potatoes and spices together in the baking dish.
Toss with the seasonings.
Roast about 45 minutes.
Cook the bacon, separately.
Add the cheese over top and cook a few more minutes.
Then top with the bacon. And other favorite toppings like green onions, chives, sour cream, etc.
Related: Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 5 lbs. small gold potatoes
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dill
- 2 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder or minced onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese depending on how cheesy you want them
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Optional toppings – green onions chives, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch glass baking dishes with non-stick cooking spray.
- To the baking dishes, toss together the quartered potatoes and chicken bits with the parsley, basil, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon slices, let them cool slightly and then run a knife or pizza wheel through them to crumble them.
- Add the cheese to the roasted chicken and potatoes and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Once cooked, top with the crumbled bacon and other optional toppings.