I <3 homemade cookies. And I wish I made them more. I really wish I made these more…all my favorite flavors of fall…in cookie form. While it’s still humid and up in the 90s some days, we have had a few “tastes of fall” and cool, crisp mornings.
I often make pumpkin muffins or pumpkin oatmeal or pumpkin quinoa (recipe coming Friday!) and find that I have a little pumpkin leftover, as most of the recipes I use don’t use the entire can. Now I have a great solution…a simple, after school snack or dessert for the boys and I use up all the pumpkin in the can!
Also, be on the lookout…my “never pay more than” price for canned pumpkin is $1 per can. Last year, I bought 20 cans of organic canned pumpkin when it was on sale for $1 at Sprouts…I’ll have my eyes out and ears to the ground, awaiting that deal again!
Pumpkin Chai Snickerdoodle Cookies
Yield – 3 dozen cookies
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter or margarine with the sugars. Add the vanilla, eggs and pumpkin puree and combine well. Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt and mix until batter forms.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop, scoop ball of dough and form into uniform circle. Roll in the sugar-spice mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet or baking sheet with non-stick cooking mat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.