I loved the Grilled Salsa Chicken so much. I had to try something similar with marinara and fresh Italian herbs.
It’s a toss up.
They are both just so yum-ilicious!
Grilled Marinara Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 1 package chicken thighs ($2.26) Manager’s Special 🙂
- Fresh basil, oregano, thyme (from the garden)
- 1 jar favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce ($.99) Coupon and sale
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box whole wheat rotini pasta ($1)
- (Parmesan cheese…Steve had some on his pasta, the rest of us did not.) ($.05)
- 2 large broccoli heads, cut into florets ($.74) On sale last week!
- Chop the herbs.
- Stuff the herbs under the skin on the chicken thighs.
- Spoon in some sauce (just like with the salsa in the Grilled Salsa Chicken.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until cooked through.
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Serve with remaining marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Steam broccoli florets.
- Serve Grilled Marinara Chicken with Pasta and Broccoli.