I loved the Grilled Salsa Chicken so much. I had to try something similar with marinara and fresh Italian herbs.
It’s a toss up.
They are both just so yum-ilicious!
- 1 package chicken thighs ($2.26) Manager’s Special
- Fresh basil, oregano, thyme (from the garden)
- 1 jar favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce ($.99) Coupon and sale
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box whole wheat rotini pasta ($1)
- (Parmesan cheese…Steve had some on his pasta, the rest of us did not.) ($.05)
- 2 large broccoli heads, cut into florets ($.74) On sale last week!
1. Chop the herbs.
2. Stuff the herbs under the skin on the chicken thighs.
3. Spoon in some sauce (just like with the salsa in the Grilled Salsa Chicken.) Season with salt and pepper.
4. Grill until cooked through.
5. Cook pasta as directed on box. Serve with remaining marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese (optional).
6. Steam broccoli florets.
7. Serve Grilled Marinara Chicken with Pasta and Broccoli.