I loved the Grilled Salsa Chicken so much. I had to try something similar with marinara and fresh Italian herbs.
It’s a toss up.
They are both just so yum-ilicious!
How to Make Grilled Marinara Chicken
Chop the herbs.
Stuff the herbs under the skin on the chicken thighs.
Spoon in some sauce (just like with the salsa in the Grilled Salsa Chicken.) Season with salt and pepper.
Grill until cooked through.
Cook pasta as directed on box. Serve with remaining marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese (optional).
Steam broccoli florets.
Serve Grilled Marinara Chicken with Pasta and Broccoli.
Grilled Marinara Chicken
Sneak some italian herbs and marinara sauce under the skin of the chicken thighs before grilling.
Servings - 4 servings
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1 tsp fresh basil, oregano, thyme each
- 26 oz. jar marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 12 oz. box whole wheat rotini pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese garnish
- 2 large broccoli heads cut into florets
- Chop the herbs.
- Stuff the herbs under the skin on the chicken thighs.
- Spoon in some sauce (just like with the salsa in the Grilled Salsa Chicken.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Serve with remaining marinara sauce and Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Steam broccoli florets.
- Serve Grilled Marinara Chicken with Pasta and Broccoli.
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy says
Awesome meal! Very simple but it looks delicious!! Thanks!
Terry F. says
Sounds great. I’m always on the lookout for easy grilling recipes for summer meals.
Hi! Just got our first grill and I’m excited to try this! My ? is: doesn’t the sauce under the skin leak out while you grill the chicken? I’m assuming you put the meat right onto the rack, not on a pan, right?
Wonder if it would work to marinade chicken breasts with the sauce and herbs – I have a hang up on bone in chicken.
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
You could certainly do that Jenna!
Im not very successful on grilling chicken. Think this would work in the oven?
Looking at the price of the chicken, what is a manager’s special?