Are you hot yet? In these dog days of summer, I have been experimenting with fresh recipes for hot summer nights. I have been loving vegetable salad recipes that feature summer produce in a new way. This is one of my favorite summer side dishes. It is a change from the classic corn on the cob and is a great make ahead dish to bring on a picnic.
Dana’s Corn Salad
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 0 minutes!
- 2 cans of drained corn (you can also use fresh corn that has been cooked)
- 1/2c diced celery
- 1/2c diced green pepper
- 1/2c diced red pepper
- 4oz diced Montery Jack Cheese
- 2tbsp minced red onion OR 2 tbsp green onion
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3c vingear
- 1/4c oil
- 1/2 tea salt
- 1/8 tea pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Mix corn, vegetables and cheese together.
- In separate bowl, combine all marinade ingredients well.
- Mix marinade into vegetables. Toss to combine and allow to marinate at least 4 hours in fridge.