Are you hot yet?
In these dog days of summer, I have been experimenting with fresh recipes for hot summer nights. I have been loving vegetable salad recipes that feature summer produce in a new way.
This is one of my favorite summer side dishes. It is a change from the classic corn on the cob and is a great make ahead dish to bring on a picnic.
- 2 cans of drained corn you can also use fresh corn that has been cooked
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 4 oz diced Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tbsp minced red onion OR 2 tbsp green onion
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Mix corn, vegetables and cheese together.
- In separate bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper & parsley well.
- Mix marinade into vegetables. Toss to combine and allow to marinate at least 4 hours in fridge.