The bread became very soft after soaking all night!
I don’t like to waste ANY food! I do whatever I can to use food to it’s best and fullest! We had part of a French loaf for the other day that had grown quite hard. I thought I’d try to make a French toast bake, even though it wasn’t soft! It was great! Although we did not eat this for dinner today, it would make a lovely “light” dinner!
Blueberry French Toast Bake
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes + overnight in the fridge
Cooking Time – 35-40 minutes
- 1/2 French loaf, sliced and stale! ($.50)
- 6 eggs ($.75)
- 1/2 cup milk ($.10)
- 1/2 cup sugar ($.10)
- dash of cinnamon
- Handful of Blueberries ($1)
- Fruit ($1)
- In bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices and spread on bottom of 8×8 baking dish or equivalent.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350. Uncover and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top and eggs have cooked through.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with syrup and fruit!