I don’t like to waste ANY food! I do whatever I can to use food to it’s best and fullest! We had part of a French loaf for the other day that had grown quite hard. I thought I’d try to make a French toast bake, even though it wasn’t soft! It was great! Although we did not eat this for dinner today, it would make a lovely “light” dinner!
Blueberry French Toast Bake
The best thing to make with your leftover French bread!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 French loaf sliced and stale! ($.50)
- 6 eggs $.75
- 1/2 cup milk $.10
- 1/2 cup sugar $.10
- dash of cinnamon
- Handful of Blueberries $1
- Fruit $1
- In bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices and spread on bottom of 8×8 baking dish or equivalent.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350. Uncover and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top and eggs have cooked through.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with syrup and fruit!