I don’t like to waste ANY food! I do whatever I can to use food to it’s best and fullest! We had part of a French loaf for the other day that had grown quite hard. I thought I’d try to make a French toast bake, even though it wasn’t soft! It was great! Although we did not eat this for dinner today, it would make a lovely “light” dinner!
Blueberry French Toast Bake
The best thing to make with your leftover French bread!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1/2 French loaf sliced and stale! ($.50)
- 6 eggs $.75
- 1/2 cup milk $.10
- 1/2 cup sugar $.10
- dash of cinnamon
- Handful of Blueberries $1
- Fruit $1
- In bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices and spread on bottom of 8×8 baking dish or equivalent.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350. Uncover and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top and eggs have cooked through.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with syrup and fruit!
This looks really good! I was just thinking about having “breakfast for dinner” tonight – I’ll have to keep this in mind for another time.
Yummy! I made some homemade rolls this past week but not all of them got used…this is a perfect way to make good use of those leftovers!
PS I have an award for you at my recipe blog 🙂
Oh, that looks so good. I love to look at your price breakdowns. Saves me a lot of work. 😉
This dish looks so yummy. Is it decent calorie-wise?
No idea on the calories?!?!?
I am making this right now!!! I will let you know how it turns out!!
I paired this with Turkey Bacon and it was so yummy!!!!
I made this (or something close) and it was great. I want to plan prepped meals for when my baby is due; do you think this would work if I prepped it and froze it to then thaw and bake?
You would have to bake it first and then thaw/reheat. 🙂
Wanted to drop a remark and let you know your Rss feed isnt functioning today. I tried including it to my Google reader account and got absolutely nothing.
She looks so sad and precious. I sure hope she finds a home! *sniff*
This blog site is extremely cool. How can I make one like this !?