Warm. Slightly crunchy. Just the right sweetness.
4 cups water
2 cups quick cooking oats ($.20) $.50 containers bought here
1 large honeycrisp apple, diced ($1.12)
Few dashes of cinnamon ($.05)
3-4 Tbsp brown sugar, or other sweetener ($.15)
1 tsp lemon juice ($.05)
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 cups of quick cooking oats. Cook according to directions on box.
2. While water is boiling and oats are cooking, slice apple.
3. Chop apple.
4. Place chopped apple into a bowl and add a few dashes of cinnamon, enough to cover the top layer of apples.
5. Add 1 tsp lemon juice and brown sugar.
6. Mix together the apples and sweetness.
7. When the oatmeal has thickened and is gently bubbling (over medium-high heat)…
8. Drop in the apples.
9. Once all the apples are into the oatmeal…
10. Stir them in and cook for 1-5 minutes. If you want crispier apples, just cook for a minute. If you want softer apples, cook for 5 minutes. If you want medium-crispy-medium-soft apples, cook for 3 minutes.
You get the idea, right?
11. Serve Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
Makes 4 hefty breakfast servings.