Warm. Slightly crunchy. Just the right sweetness.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Yield – 4 hearty servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick cooking oats ($.20) $.50 containers bought here
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced ($1.12)
- Few dashes of cinnamon ($.05)
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar, or other sweetener ($.15)
- 1 tsp lemon juice ($.05)
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 cups of quick cooking oats. Cook according to directions on box.
- While water is boiling and oats are cooking, slice apple.
- Chop apple.
- Place chopped apple into a bowl and add a few dashes of cinnamon, enough to cover the top layer of apples.
- Add 1 tsp lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Mix together the apples and sweetness.
- When the oatmeal has thickened and is gently bubbling (over medium-high heat)…
- Drop in the apples.
- Once all the apples are into the oatmeal…
- Stir them in and cook for 1-5 minutes. If you want crispier apples, just cook for a minute. If you want softer apples, cook for 5 minutes. If you want medium-crispy-medium-soft apples, cook for 3 minutes.
You get the idea, right?
- Serve Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.