I adore tortellini. Because pasta + cheese = you can’t go wrong.
I adore it so much that I have to make it not that often. Because I just want a bowl of seconds….and thirds…
The boys have taken a liking to it as well, so it’s an easy (and fast!) and filling dinner for our family!
This is just the recipe you need to help you survive the cold, chilly months!
This recipe is vegetarian, and is so hearty, filling and delicious!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 10 oz. bag frozen chopped spinach
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 - 15 oz. cans cannellini beans
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 20 oz. box cheese tortellini
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- Side: salad
- Open and drain the can of crushed tomatoes. Open, drain and rinse the cans of cannellini beans.
- Chop the white onion.
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and saute the chopped onion for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the minced garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Stir in the chopped spinach, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, cannellini beans and chicken stock. Bring to bubbling.
- Once bubbling, add the tortellini and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat immediately and serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve White Bean Tortellini Soup with Parmesan cheese garnish and salad.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #148.