I started to make this meal in the 9×13 baking dish, but them switched to the smaller baking dish because I didn’t want there to be any leftovers…and I know that with a 9×13, we’d have lots of leftovers.Â And from my past experience, baked french toast meals and egg casserole meals just taste better right out of the oven.
And not leftover.
So I went with the smaller 8×8 baking dish and heavy on the fruit!
Maple Walnut Baked French Toast
- 6 eggs ($.60)
- 1/2 cup milk ($.05)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (free with Swagbucks from Amazon)
- 6-8 slices of bread ($.50)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided ($.50) Bought on sale over the holidays!
- Butter and syrup ($.75)
- Fresh Fruit ($1.50) We had cantaloupe and clementine oranges
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and maple syrup.