These scrumptious sweet potato tacos with corn and black beans will be your new family favorite!
During “Saucy September,” I was grabbing a few different sauces to try from Trader Joe’s and also picked up a jar of their Corn & Chile Tomato-less Salsa.
I had never tried it before and thought it would be a good alternative to salsa, guac and would be great with chips.
I was wrong – sorta.
It’s fine with chips…but it’s a touch too spicy…and needs to be mixed in with some milder ingredients. The jar says “with a touch of heat.” I don’t have sensitive taste buds and this is more than a touch of heat. 😉
I thought it would be amazing mixed in with some air-fryed sweet potato cubes and I WAS RIGHT.
We are all obsessed with these.
The sweet potatoes and sour cream drizzle are the perfect match for this salsa and it’s “touch of heat!” lol
Check out the recipe, grab a jar or two and get these vegetarian tacos a try!
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp taco seasoning or chili lime seasoning DIVIDED!
- 1 jar Corn & Chile Tomato-less Salsa
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream for drizzling
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potato cubes with olive oil and 1 tsp of the taco/chili lime seasoning.
- Roast the sweet potatoes: at 400 F in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or at 400 F in air fryer for 10 minutes. Once cooked, let cool and toss with the sauce below.
- In the same bowl, toss together the jar of Corn & Chile salsa, the black beans. Then add the roasted sweet potato cubes and toss together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and remaining taco/chili lime seasoning. Set aside to drizzle onto tacos.
- Assemble tacos by adding the sweet potato-corn-black bean combo onto the flour tortillas. Drizzle the sour cream over the top of the combo.
- Serve Vegetarian Sweet Potato Tacos as is, or with favorite salad side dish. Enjoy!