Last winter, I made this soup nearly every other day because it’s THAT good. So easy and healthy and yummy!
Because everything is already cooked, the heating option depends on the time you have before dinner. It heats in the microwave, on the stove, or in a slow cooker.
It’s so versatile, you can serve it with quesadillas, rice or just about anything else.
One more thing that makes this soup a go-to for me is that all the ingredients are pantry staples or freezable. So I can make the soup ahead of time to be frozen in a large freezer safe container (minus the water and maybe the salsa), or I can have the ingredients stashed in my pantry. I call that reliable. *Smile*
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can corn drained and rinsed
- 16 oz. jar salsa
- 2 cups water (or vegetable stock)
- 1 small can sliced olives
- avocado, chives, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, tortillas, or chips optional garnishes
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Heat on low for two hours.
- Garnish as desired before enjoying. I love to layer tortillas along the bottom of the bowl so that they soak up all the flavor of this delicious soup.