A veggie packed ragu sauce to go with your favorite pasta!
To freeze this, youâ€™re going to chop up all the veggies and mix with the crushed tomatoes and seasoning.
Then let it simmer together in a skillet or saucepan, and serve with cooked pasta and a side salad.Â
Vegetable Ragu with Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 whole carrots
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 16 oz. box spaghetti noodles
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- Side: salad
- Chop the zucchini into small bite-size pieces. Chop the small white onion. Peel and cut the carrots into bite-size pieces.
- Open and drain the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Cook the penne pasta, as directed. Drain well.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the zucchini, chopped onion, chopped carrots, and minced garlic for 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, pour in the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and sugar. Let simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often, to allow flavors to mingle and marry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce is cooked through, toss with the cooked and drained pasta. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Vegetable Ragu with spaghetti and side salad.