Pardon me while I eat this entire dish myself….and lick it clean!
Because FOR REAL.
This Tuscan Mac is UH-mazing! The roasted red bell peppers are a lovely addition to the Italian seasoning and creamy-cheese sauce! It’s quick to put together for the oven…and while you’re at it, you might as well make a second dish because it freezes beautifully too!
Tuscan Mac n Cheese
Creamy, comforting, and full of fantastic flavor!
Servings - 4 servings
- 8 oz elbow pasta noodles
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz roasted red peppers
- Garnish: fresh basil
- Side: salad
- Cook the pasta, as directed, to al dente. Drain well and add to baking dish or tray.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Open and drain the jar of roasted red peppers.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and whisk in the flour, then the cream. Bring to slow bubble and stir in the Italian seasoning, minced garlic and shredded cheese.
- Gently add the roasted red peppers in with the cooked pasta in the baking dish. Then pour the cheese sauce over the top and carefully combine in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese is melted on top.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Tuscan Mac & Cheese with basil garnish and side salad.
Leave a Reply