Looking for another great way to use up your leftover turkey?
Honestly, I wouldn’t have thought to do turkey on salad.Â Not sure why…because I love chicken on salads!Â And cranberries and walnuts on salad is a sure favorite of mine. So combine them all together, and it’s sure to be a winner!
I typically think of heavy casseroles and dishes for turkey leftovers, so I really appreciate this much “lighter” meal! A winningÂ salad for using up leftover turkey!
My favorite part of this salad…besides the great combinations of flavors and textures on the salad…the sweet and tangy dressing!!!
- 2/3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, whole or jellied
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 10-14 ounce bag of mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced or shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but I included them when I made the salad!)
- In small sealable container, add the Carnation Evaporated Milk, cranberry sauce and Italian dressing and shake vigorously. For a smoother dressing, blend together.
- In large serving bowl, toss the mixed greens, cooked turkey, blue cheese, dried cranberries and chopped walnuts together.
- Drizzle dressing over the top.
- Enjoy your leftover turkey and cranberry sauce in this light meal!