Looking for another great way to use up your leftover turkey?
Honestly, I wouldn’t have thought to do turkey on salad. Not sure why…because I love chicken on salads! And cranberries and walnuts on salad is a sure favorite of mine. So combine them all together, and it’s sure to be a winner!
I typically think of heavy casseroles and dishes for turkey leftovers, so I really appreciate this much “lighter” meal! A winning salad for using up leftover turkey!
My favorite part of this salad…besides the great combinations of flavors and textures on the salad…the sweet and tangy dressing!!!
Turkey & Cranberry Encore Salad
- 2/3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce whole or jellied
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 14 oz bag of mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked turkey diced or shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- In small sealable container, add the Carnation Evaporated Milk, cranberry sauce and Italian dressing and shake vigorously. For a smoother dressing, blend together.
- In large serving bowl, toss the mixed greens, cooked turkey, blue cheese, dried cranberries and chopped walnuts together.
- Drizzle dressing over the top.
- Enjoy your leftover turkey and cranberry sauce in this light meal!
Other great holiday reipces can be found here in the Carnation Holiday Recipe Guide. Head on over to download the .pdf or request yours by mail.
My favorite lunch is a big salad of veggies, with some rotissere chicken, craisins and nuts (whatever I have)…but I always use my old standby of light ranch. Thanks for this dressing recipe, I WILL TRY IT!! :o)
YUM! Thanks for this suggestion. I love cranberries and turkey stuff. This is going to be a recipe that we have probably Friday night!
Thanks so much.
Can’t wait to try this!!!
This sounds wonderful – yum!!!!
FINALLY!! A use for that leftover cranberry sauce….only one of us eats it but we all may enjoy it in this dressing. Sounds scrumptious!
I made this for a work lunch with light evaporated milk and light Italian dressing. It went very fast! Someone suggested it would be good with steak too.