Do you want to make a casserole without a bowl, a spoon or a pot?
Then this is the delicious pasta casserole for you.
Three Cheese Manicotti Recipe is so scrumptious!
I make this often and double to have extra in my freezer to give away to a friend in need, or for a busy weeknight meal.
You DO NOT cook the manicotti prior to filling and freezing, and that’s what makes this recipe so easy.
The other easy part is the method to mix the filling ingredients. You mix the filling in a freezer bag by kneading it.
Here’s how it works…enjoy!
P.S. See photos below recipe for a visual of how to make this meal.
Three Cheese Manicotti
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8 oz. manicotti pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add about 1/2 of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cottage cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper into a gallon size FREEZER bag and gently knead until it is mixed up.
- Cut a small corner of the bag, about 1/2-inch wide. You want the filling to flow easily through the opening, but you don't want it to pour out too quickly.
- Pipe the filling into the manicotti shells, from both sides. Fill all the shells and place into the marinara lined pan.
- Cover all the shells with the remaining marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the other mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, and let stand 1 minute before serving.
- To freeze before baking: add foil to the top and freeze in the fridge freezer to 6 months, or deep freezer for 12 months.
- To thaw and cook: thaw for at least 24 hours in the fridge. Bake as directed.
This is a guest post recipe. Jackie Brown is a mom of four freezer cooking for her family while opening her arms to the poor and needy. She teaches and blogs at Mom on a Mission six days a week. Her posts include freezer cooking tutorials, whole foods coupons, recipes, weekly menus, 15-minute recipes using freezer items and mission opportunities.