I could eat these all day everyday. So when my friends at Borden® asked me if I’d whip up a grilled cheese with Thanksgiving leftovers, I knew right away what that grilled cheese would be. I could taste the amazing-ness before I’d grilled it up!
Because turkey plus cranberry sauce plus spicy mustard plus Pepperjack cheese is pretty much the perfect equation for an amazing Thanksgiving leftovers grilled cheese!
Borden® ‘s Pepperjack cheese has just the right amount of ZEST to send this grilled cheese sandwich into the remarkable category.
Borden® Cheese has been crafted with high-quality, wholesome ingredients and the same genuine love and care you find on American, family-owned dairy farms. Borden® Cheese is brought to you by a cooperative of more than 8,000 family-owned dairy farms across the United States.
Every chunk, slice and shred of Borden® Cheese is pure, creamy goodness that transforms your family recipes into something memorable, because with Borden® Cheese, love is always an ingredient. Whether it’s baking a hearty cheese casserole in the winter, grilling up a cheeseburger in the summer, or sharing snacks after school, Borden® Cheese makes every meal and every moment better.
They have a wide range of cheesy offerings to satisfy every taste, including Mild Cheddar, Mozzarella, Mexican, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, American, Colby Jack and more, which are available as singles, shreds, chunks, slices, strings and snacks. Borden® Cheese is available at major grocery stores and independent retailers across the country.
For this scrumptious grilled cheese pictured below, I’m using their Pepperjack Singles cheese. It would also be delicious with their Swiss, Mozzarella and Colby Jack slices!
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 4 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 cups leftover shredded turkey
- 1/4 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 8 slices Borden Pepperjack cheese
- Heat up a skillet or electric griddle over medium heat.
- Butter the outsides of the bread, then spread the spicy brown mustard onto the insides of both pieces of bread.
- Assemble the sandwiches in this order: slice of Pepperjack cheese, cranberry sauce, shredded leftover turkey, slice of Pepperjack cheese.
- Grill the sandwiches for 1-2 minutes per side over medium heat, or until perfectly golden.
- Enjoy this perfectThanksgiving leftovers lunch, dinner or midnight snack!