The Fastest, Most Delicious Taco Pizza
Boy oh boy, do we love pizza…homemade pizza, specifically.
Really, any and all kinds of pizza is just perfect.
And what we have here today is a semi-homemade. While I absolutely adore pizza dough made in the bread machine and a homemade pizza pie, I’m also often in a hurry…or not at home at the right times of the day to make that happen.
And this ends up happening.
You use a pre-made dough, and load up the pie…in this case, with all our favorite taco toppings.
Check out how it works…
Prep the veggies by cutting into sliced and diced pieces.
Get the dough pressed out all the way to the edge of the pan and give it a pinch to raise it up some.
Spread the taco sauce all over. I just use the back of a spoon.
Then the cheese…
Load up all the toppings and bake it!
Drizzle the sour cream over the top (after baking!) for the final touch.
- Flour or cornmeal, for dusting under the pizza
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Store-bought pizza dough (from grocery or pizzeria)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. jar mild taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 oz. sour cream, for garnish
- Other: sandwich baggie, parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 450 F, and dust a circular pizza pan with with flour or cornmeal.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain, if needed.
- Let your pizza dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Rub some olive oil onto a piece of parchment paper, and onto your hands.
- Press the pizza dough flat starting in the center and working your way out, making a circular shape. Stretch the dough from the sides making sure the dough has even thickness, and then set on the prepared pan. Work the edges of the dough so that it sticks up a touch, holding the sauce and toppings on the pizza.
- Cover the top of the dough in mild taco sauce, leaving the crust uncovered.Sprinkle the shredded cheese onto the sauce.
- Start adding your toppings, like your browned ground beef, sliced black olives, chopped green peppers and tomatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, carefully remove from the oven.
- Add sour cream to a sandwich bag, cut a tiny corner off the bottom and drizzle over your pizza as a garnish.
- Serve Taco Pizza with side salad, or as is! Enjoy!