This is my go-to pizza crust recipe. It has never failed me. And I’ve heard from many of you, that it has never failed you either!
If I make it with half white flour and half whole wheat flour, I add 2 Tbsp extra water. And I don’t generally make it “full whole wheat”…It’s just too grainy for our liking.
Save yourself a few bucks and make your own crust next time you’re having pizza. As long as you get it started in the bread machine in time (my machine’s dough cycle takes 1.5 hours), the actual “hands on” time is less than the time it would take you to order a pizza!
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups flour (all white, or half white/half wheat)
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast, or 1 package active dry yeast (storing yeast)
- Load into the bread machine in the order listed. Run the dough cycle.
- Once finished, knead with any extra flour until soft like baby's skin, then roll out onto a clean, dry and lightly floured surface.
- Add sauce, cheese, toppings and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Makes 16" pizza crust.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #211.