Holy delicious…that’s what my husband exclaimed upon first bite. He’s been my food critic all along this crazy blogging adventures, and every now and again we hit a winner. And he wasn’t the only one raving about these. Just looking at the photo now and remembering how much I enjoyed them is making my salivate. If I didn’t already dinner in the slow cooker, these would be on our table again tonight.
Adore the sweet n sour flavors. Adore the inexpensive cabbage addition. Adore the crunch and burst from the green onions. And adore how it all fits so perfectly into a warm tortilla. Holy delicious.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 small cabbage, shredded
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 green onions sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- fresh fruit or veggies side
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain. Return to the skillet and stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the shredded cabbage in with the sweet n sour beef and cook for 5 minutes, or until starts to wilt. Turn the heat off until ready to serve. Note: adjust sugar and vinegar to your "sweet n sour" taste preference.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Spoon the beef and cabbage mixture into the tortillas and top with chopped green onions.
- Serve Sweet n Sour Beef n Cabbage Soft Tacos with side of fresh fruit or veggies. (I served this with baby carrots.)